These boots are made for working

#hospolife

These are the shoes that have just worked a 10 hour shift.  
This is a fairly standard day in hospo world (some would even say short).

Tonight these shoes have been verbally abused by a woman, because I served someone else before her when the bar was three deep.

They have had their political viewpoints challenged by a poor excuse of a male, because I refused to serve him a cocktail. (Quite who I vote for and why this has bearing on when I cut you off I’m still trying to figure out!)

They have stood in glass (for which I am SO thankful I had these on vs my trainers or else I would likely have glass in my foot right now!) 

These shoes have dealt with people in her space all night. People who should have regards for others space, for how to work around the area and how to communicate their presence to others, but somehow failed to remember how to do this tonight 🤦‍♀️

These shoes got overwhelmed, tired and cranky. And then they realised- none of this is worth winding myself up about. 

Some nights it is a beautifully orchestrated dance, other nights it’s a pre school recital! Tonight it was the latter.

These shoes are mentally and physically exhausted today.

But they will come back and do it all again tomorrow. Because every day is different and it is the variety that keeps them alive. 

These shoes hate monotonous, and #hospolife is most definitely not this 🤘 




Comments

Popular Posts