Re-Writing the rule book

I get naturally reflective around this time of year. I cant help it, it is what happens after you stuff yourself full of food for several days straight and are surrounded by people you love, either in person or connected by technology.

Usually I get a little melancholy, looking back at my year and remembering all the good times that were had.  This year however, less so.  This year, whilst I am feeling thankful for everything that has happened in 2018, the good and the bad, I am SO ready to close the door on 2018 and start over with 2019.

This year I have the excitement and energy of a new beginning. A clean slate. A do over if you will. Because in 2019 I am re- writing the rule book.

2018 was a roller coaster ride. It brought with it many ups and downs, but one thing it did bring with it was a sense of clarity. It allowed me to really embrace what I did (and didn't want) in life, and these are the things I will be taking forward (or not) into 2019. 

It solidified my knowledge that Australia is where I want to be (yey for that residency!).  It cemented the fact that hospitality is well and truly where my heart lies, and it re affirmed that regardless of what ever else I pursue, that it is insanely important to have a degree of balance in life, and that I do not need to go all in with every single thing I do.

2019 is about re writing the rules I have told myself for the past 33 years.  It is about believing that it is 100% possible to make good money in my chosen career, without sacrificing my health or well being at the same time.  It is about knowing that it is OK to say no to things that do not serve me, even though the people pleaser in me wants to figure out a way to make everyone happy! It is about being selfish with my time, my energy and my resources- because not everyone/ everything is deserving of my reserves. 

2019 is about me creating my own version of reality and fully believing it is possible. So many people are quick to pitch in with "advice" or anecdotes, most often unsolicited, when you make big life decisions. This year, I intend to only listen to that advice I have actively sought out.

I am thankful to have several good role models in my life, who consistently show me that the only limitations are the ones you place on yourself.  This coming year I intend to remove those limitations and watch the magic happen.

Here is to 2019- a year of no limits 💫

"If we own the story then we can write the ending" - Berne Brown

Comments

Popular Posts